Teenage Cancer Trust is our official charity partner for 2017-18. Saunderson House employees voted for the charity from a strong staff-nominated shortlist and will donate voluntary time and raise funds throughout the two-year period of the partnership.
Teenage Cancer Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to improving the quality of life and chances of survival of the seven young people aged 13-24 diagnosed with cancer every day. The charity funds and builds specialist units in NHS hospitals and provides dedicated staff, bringing young people together for treatment by teenage cancer experts.
Saunderson House supports fundraising activities by giving staff paid time for volunteering, allowing the use of the firm’s facilities and providing core funding. Efforts to support the charity will be focused through the firm’s Make a Difference committee, which is made up of a cross section of Saunderson House employees.
- Our previous partner for 2015-16 was Action for Children. The partnership saw us raise a total c£31,500
- On 1 May 2016, a 10-strong Saunderson House team took part in 20km obstacle course Tough Mudder. The team raised a fantastic total of £3,220 for Action for Children, helping the charity to support the UK’s most vulnerable children and young people.
- 15 of the Saunderson House team cycled 54 miles from London to Brighton on 19 June 2016, fundraising £950 for The British Heart Foundation.
- Saunderson House were gold sponsors of The Legal Music Gala held on 8 June 2016 at Central Hall, Westminster. Lesley Garrett CBE was joined by a massed choir, formed by singers in the law profession from national and international law firms. The event raised money for charities: Sparks Children’s Medical Research, London Legal Support Trust and AvMA.
- 2015-16 has seen us donate valuable volunteering time to Action for Children. We transformed a garden for the charity’s disability service, opened up our office space for meetings and away days and provided valuable networking skills sessions.
- On 30 September 2015, Saunderson House took part in the City Giving Day run by The Lord Mayor’s Appeal, and supported by the City of London Corporation. This was a day to celebrate giving in all its forms, highlighting the immense outreach of the City and the achievements of the charities and communities each business or organisation supports. Lord Mayor Yarrow visited organisations throughout the Square Mile to hear stories of their inspirational work. We will be supporting City Giving Day 2016 on 27 September.
We are involved in the Chartered Insurance Institute’s (CII’s) Discover Fortunes Events which includes talks at universities, schools and career academies
- Chris Coomber, Chartered Financial Planner, features in a case study as part of the CII’s Discover Fortunes Campaign 2014. Click here to view the case study.
- 20 Saunderson House staff ran the 5k Standard Chartered Great City Race on 9 July 2015, raising money for the charity Seeing is Believing. The team raised £940.