Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Business Development Director
1. Role Specification
Key Purpose of Role:
The Business Development Manager will hold a pivotal role within the firm’s Business Development and Marketing function. Sitting alongside our marketing team and reporting to the BD Director, the successful candidate will work at both a strategic and operational level to help grow the business within our existing and new target markets.
Business Growth (Lead from the Front)
- To support the Business Development Director in their responsibility to grow a stable and profitable client base.
- To co-ordinate our key account programme, working with financial advisers to develop and help implement their prospecting plans.
- To support the development of our financial advisers with business development responsibility. This will involve identifying training needs, regular assessment and delivering ad-hoc coaching and mentoring.
- Build best practice processes to support business development activity, such as the creation of centralised resources and sales enablement tools and helping ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Strategy and Analysis (Thinking with Purpose)
- To take responsibility for producing insights and measurement against KPIs to drive decision-making within the BD and Marketing function. This will include sales and pipeline reporting, client feedback, target sector research and analysing return on investment from our business development activities.
- To stay attuned to the competitor and market landscape and identify strategic and tactical opportunities for Saunderson House to leverage. This may involve working with third parties where appropriate.
Team Collaboration (Working Together)
- To work closely with the Marketing team to leverage our communications and campaigns.
- To work with the Director responsible for intermediary relationships to help develop our relationships with external professionals.
Conduct (Value – Be the Difference)
- To actively promote Saunderson House values and behaviours to ensure good client outcomes and meet our conduct responsibilities
- To ensure technical knowledge is up to date and shared with the team as appropriate
- To maintain any CPD requirements for the role
- To ensure work produced complies with the regulatory and legal environment.
2. Person Specification
Knowledge and Qualifications
This role is for someone who wants to make a real impact to the growth of a leading wealth management firm with an outstanding reputation. The ideal candidate will have the freedom to develop the role to prioritise the areas which make the largest business impact. As such, an ambitious character is a must, as well as the ability to work on one’s own initiative.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the private wealth marketplace and previous business development experience gained within financial services is ideal.
Other attributes include:
- Holding a solid understanding of the legal and regulatory frameworks within the wealth management industry.
- Strong ability to think strategically: analytical and structured with the proven ability to interpret data to ensure marketing activities support business goals.
- Commercially aware – always working to support the overarching business objectives
- A genuine passion for doing a great job and working in the best interests of our clients
- Excellent written and oral communication (copy writing, proof reading, editing) and interpersonal skills, at every level, and enjoys working as part of cross-functional teams.
- Consummate networking skills and an effective brand ambassador.
3. Working at Saunderson House
Some of the attractions of working at Saunderson House are:
- Small progressive company
- Flexible and autonomous approach to working
- Friendly, professional and inclusive working environment
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus and excellent benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
Saunderson House is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse workforce irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief.