When can I afford to retire?
A precious and important life stage for many – retirement could be closer than you think.
For many people, the savings that are accumulated during their working lives are directed at helping them to become financially secure in retirement. But too often, people continue to save without a clear view of how much they will need to live the life they have become accustomed to for the entirety of their retirement. This can create uncertainty around when someone can retire in alignment with their financial goals.
Whether retirement is a long way in the distance, or drawing nearer, it is crucial to have a robust financial plan in place to provide for non-working years. We can help you by:
- Managing your assets to grow your investment portfolio
- Advising on pension contributions and tax implications, in light of complex pension legislation changes
- Planning a decumulation strategy using pension and non-pension investments
- Providing lifestyle planning in the context of detailed cash-flow forecasting
- Making you aware of the financial complexities you might need to plan for.
Our teams are highly experienced in retirement planning. Your Saunderson House adviser will provide you with regular reviews so you know how your investments are performing as part of your retirement plan. You can choose for our service to be delivered on an advisory (with you being involved in on-going decisions made around your portfolio) or on a discretionary (delegating the day-to-day management of your portfolio to us) basis, depending on what suits you best.