Our goal is to identify, manage, mitigate or eliminate ESG risks in connection with Saunderson House’s operations and corporate activities.
At Saunderson House, we believe that careful management of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risks not only makes good business sense, but also forms the foundations of delivering strong and sustainable returns for our clients.
To help achieve our goal we have set up an ESG committee which is made up of staff from across the firm. It is responsible for advising the Saunderson House Board on all ESG areas and driving ESG related initiatives. The committee’s goals are to:
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and industry standards and guidelines applicable to ESG matters.
- Ensure that Saunderson House has the right policies, processes, systems and frameworks in place to enhance our position in relation to ESG matters.
- Ensure that the initiatives are consistent with the firm’s Conduct Risk Framework and with the firm’s objectives to provide consistently positive client outcomes.
Areas of Focus
Working in partnership with an external sustainability consultant, we have identified the key initial aspects of ESG risks that we will focus on:
- Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions – Reducing the business’ use of energy that contributes to the emission of GHG.
- Resource Use – Reducing the use of paper use and other material.
- Health and Safety – Ensuring the health, safety and security of employees, clients and visitors.
- Diversity and Inclusion – Ensuing equal opportunities for all Saunderson House’s employees. Please click here to view our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging page.
- Training, staff development, engagement and retention – Investing in and developing staff to retain talent.
- Data Privacy & Cyber Security – Ensuring customers’ privacy and preventing cybercrime with strong data privacy and cyber security.
- Business Ethics, Compliance & Risk Management – Meeting the requirements of the FCA and living our values.
- Product Integrity/Transparent Information and Fair Advice/Selling Practices – ensuring, integrity and fairness of Saunderson House’s advice and services.